CT Scan Tech Blue Valley Radiology PT Nights
2 12-Hour Shifts
2 12-Hour Shifts
7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Weekend shift every 3rd weekend
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
· Maintains all the essential job functions of the CT Technologist.
· Rotates “on call” status
· Reviews scheduled patient’s requisitions and chart before starting exam.
· Administers opaque contrast material as directed by Radiologist.
· Starts IV’s on out patients that require IV contrast.
· Draw labs for Creatine when possible to expedite patient care.
· Communicate with nurses and physicians to expedite patient care.
· Locate orders, lab work, allergies and any other related resources on the patient in Power Chart.
· Send images to VRC in a timely manner and scan VRC report into PACS.
· Gives oral contrast, when scheduled, to abdomen and pelvis CAT Scan patients one to two hours prior to exams.
· Operates Cerner System, proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
· Participate in the training of new CT techs
· Complete and charge exams correctly on Cerner System.
· Send all exams to PACS System and know what to do if PACS is down.
· Adheres to radiation safety standards.
· Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment malfunctions.
· Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) Personalized Patient Care Every Patient Every time.
· Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
· Demonstrates commitment of personal and professional development, and pursues appropriate continuing education.
· Professional appearance is in accordance with dress code standards.
· Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
· Provides patient transportation when needed.
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Kansas State License LRT
- Nationally Registered ARRT
- ARRT Registered CT Technologist
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience