Patient Access Service Rep-Evergreen
Req #: 16011119
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure all insurance verification and authorizations are obtained prior to services being rendered when applicable.
- Ensure all notes/events are documented in the facilities Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ensure all signatures are obtained to complete a registration or admission; this includes the consent/living will, HIPAA, and Important Message from Medicare (IMM).
- Ensure collection of co-payment/deductible amounts on insured patients or submit to supervisor or designee for review/approval prior to outpatient procedure or inpatient discharge; or at time of discharge from ED.
- Ensure collection of self-pay customers, set up necessary financial arrangements or submit to supervisor / designee for review and approval prior to outpatient procedures or inpatient discharge; or at time of discharge from ED.
- Ensure complete and accurate information for patient documentation, including demographic and billing information per department guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and duties as assigned per policy. This includes EMTALA, JCAHO and HIPAA regulations. It is the representative’s responsibility to remain well informed through the intranet and/or department manual.
- Ensure coverage is maintained at the needed level by fulfilling the rotation call list as needed.
- Ensure favorable communication is promoted within the department and between other departments of the hospital.
- Ensure our patients and other customers are top priority and respond to their needs in a timely manner.
- Ensure the daily deposits are completed, primarily by the designated representative.
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Computer experience
- Collection experience
- Communication skills experience
- Customer service skills experience
- Bi-lingual (preferred)
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct Patient Access experience (preferred)