Admitting Representative Full-time Evening
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Assist as needed to answer phones at Florida Hospital Imaging.
- Assist as needed in the scheduling of outpatient examinations.
- Process and print CD’s, reports, and film requests.
- Maintains a high level of Radiology knowledge to complete the Registration process in a timely and effective manner
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Computer skills - data entry, spreadsheet skills, basic mathematical skills.
- Many patients and families are under stress and tact is required to handle patient interaction.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Must have knowledge of medical technology.
- One year medical experience preferred, but not required.