Home Health Patient Care Supervisor FT Days
Req #: 16011333
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Direct staff to carry out responsibilities according to department policy.
- Evaluate clinical performance of all patient care staff through performance evaluation and on site supervisory visits.
- Counsel patient care staff regularly regarding patient care planning and team collaboration to provide comprehensive services to the patient and family based on immediate and long-range goals identified in the patient care plan.
- Conduct weekly team meetings.
- Review schedule planners weekly with each staff member for appropriate utilization of time and visit frequency for each patient.
- Review documentation of personnel to assure that it is appropriate, complete and accurate.
- Receive phone calls from field personnel to assure that it is appropriate complete and accurate.
- Receive phone calls from field personnel regarding active patients.
- Insure professional standards of community nursing practice are maintained by all nurses providing care.
- Responsible for orientation of all field staff.
- Provide staff development programs as required.
- Participate in case review.
- Other duties as assigned
What will you need:
- Demonstrate clinical expertise and communication skills.
- Skills to problem solving
- Skills to work with varied type team members.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
- At least one (1) year of experience in home health or Public health nursing
- Two (2) year of supervisor experience home health (Preferred)
- Active FL RN license
- CPR Certification
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Automobile liability insurance