Respiratory Therapist I PRN Nights
Req #: 16011406
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and new orientee staff precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists. Supports hospital and department mission, goals, and department metrics. Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures neatly, accurately, thoroughly, and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to all Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association and performs other duties as directed. Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, airway suctioning.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per department protocol. Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
- Obtains, analyzes and reports findings of arterial blood gases, and co-oximetry. Performs quality controls as needed. Setup and Performs oximetry, apnea, ordered by physician.
- Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors mechanical ventilators to include basic conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure. Reviews chest radiological reports as necessary per supervisor and policy and procedures.
- Performs bedside spirometry, overnight oximetry studies, six minute walk tests.
- Conventional Ventilator Management per ventilator management protocol including ventilator set up and routine ventilator checks, intra-hospital transport.
- Demonstrates expended skill and emergent intervention skills by applying and utilizing appropriate judgment and critical thinking for problem resolution considering all aspects of the whole.
- Demonstrates ability to perform a variety of complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures according to established standards and training under supervision of appropriate healthcare professionals and established departmental protocols.
- Provides assessment and intervention for cardio-pulmonary system function to patients by applying age appropriate methods in accordance with established policies and procedures and safety and quality standards
You Will Need:
- Graduate from an AMA approved program by the National Board of Respiratory Care in Respiratory Therapy is required. AAS or AS is required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required or CRT registry eligible. Required to obtain registry RRT credential within 12 months from hire date.
- CPR/BLS, ACLS, PALS certification required.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience in acute care setting.
- Current Florida State License as a Certified (CRT-registry eligible) RRT /Registered Respiratory Therapist.