Rehab Registration Specialist Life Dynamics Relief Days
Req #: 16011288
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Days, as needed
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Acts as receptionist for Rehab Services.
- Communicates appropriately with doctors’ offices and patients.
- Makes patients aware of responsibility to contact their insurance to obtain referral, if needed, and checks coverage.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, physician offices, insurance providers, Rehab staff, co-workers and visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Keeps the office in a clean and orderly manner.
- Demonstrates collaborative behaviors with members of the team.
- Prioritizes and organizes workload to facilitate workflow and patient care.
- Responds in a flexible, adaptable and productive manner when requested to rotate duties.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Accurately records/scans the patient’s prescription.
- Schedules patients to appropriate team, according to their diagnosis.
- Provides basic level patient registration and scheduling appropriately in a manner that takes into account the special needs of the patient, e.g., age, culture, learning ability, etc.
- Promotes an acceptable waiting time for scheduled evaluations.
- Follows scheduling protocols for Therapy Specialties and SportsCare.
- Responds to changing patient needs regarding appointment times.
- Finds innovative ways to accommodate our customers’ need.
- Participates constructively in department inservices, meetings and activities.
- Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement Review.
- Takes initiative to be informed about new equipment, technology, forms, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the implementation of the change process and provides feedback.
- Attends scheduled department meetings or is responsible for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies.
- Handles co-payments properly in a secure and timely manner, following system policy.
- Records appropriate demographics and insurance information into computer.
- Maintains department standards for productivity.
- Positively impacts clinical, economic and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Assists the patients to maximize their available resources, e.g., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
- Takes initiative to record personal hours of service appropriately and accurately.
What Will You Need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No Previous Experience is Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred