Clinical Dietitian Food and Nutrition Services PT Days
Req #: 16011410
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Under the general direction of the Director and Lead Clinical Dietitian and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, identifies patients at risk of nutritional deficit or excess.
- Assesses nutritional needs and defines nutrient requirements.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of the nutrition care plan for patients with complicated nutritional problems.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nutrition interventions.
- Provides nutrition education related to medical nutrition therapy, and counsels patients and family members on appropriate food selections, eating habit and behavior changes to accomplish optimum patient outcomes and defined goals.
- Promotes continuity of care through effective discharge planning, care coordination, and communication with the health care team.
- Works with the parameters of the Kansas Dietitian Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Includes experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care health setting
- Kansas Licensed Dietitian
- Master’s Degree Preferred5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Certified Diabetes Educator Preferred