Critical Care Nurse Manager FT Days
Req #: 17000263
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-sqaure-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures that Unit patient care is provided with clinical competence and in a courteous, professional manner consistent with hospital mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures that all applicable standards of care/practice are met and that hospital and departmental policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Program goals meet hospital strategic goals.
- Promotes a positive image and maintains a helpful, professional attitude towards employees, patients, patients, physicians, visitors and the community to ensure the image of AHS.
- Ensures staff is provided with professional development opportunities as needed to maintain and enhance skills needed for excellent Unit clinical practice.
- Promotes Unit throughout the community via physician and community presentations.
- Develops and maintains Unit standards according to Neonatal State and National Standards.
- Demonstrates excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills for a diverse population.
- Communicates respectfully, openly, honestly and directly to all team members
- Communicates and reinforces organizational mission, vision and values with department staff.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure ongoing dissemination of pertinent information via various communication methods
- Holds self and staff accountable to the highest standards.
- Promotes a trusting atmosphere that recognizes and values diversity, professionalism and the establishment of collaborative relationships with physicians, internal and external customers.
- Encourages teamwork by creating an environment of empowerment and accountability, sharing information, and involving employees in decision-making.
- Serves as a coach, mentor and positive role model and encourages aspiring leaders to promote personal, professional and organizational growth and development.
- Creates, supports and champions new ideas, innovative thinking and reasonable risk taking.
- Develops or revises job descriptions, practice standards and competency levels necessary to meet mandatory job requirements.
- Ensures recruitment, hiring and training of new employees to meet department staffing needs.
- Ensures management, disciplining, and performance evaluation of department staff based on job requirements and core competencies assigned to the job.
- Promotes conflict resolution using constructive coaching techniques while providing employees with feedback that is timely, clear and appropriate.
- Oversees Unit staff development and training opportunities as mandated by hospital and department policies and employee needs.
- Prepares annual operating budget, reviews financial reports weekly, monthly and takes corrective action as needed.
- Monitors supply costs to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements cost reduction and productive measures using performance improvement and benchmark data.
- Identifies, reviews, and prioritizes opportunities to improve organization efficiency and effectiveness through the use of technology and automation.
- Reviews staffing patterns, census and acuity of nursing units to ensure staffing is consistent with patient needs and budgetary constraints.
- Appropriately aligns staffing to maximize quality and productivity, following Unit standards.
- Ensures Standards are maintained according to State Guidelines
- Collaborates with Director Performance Improvement to ensure compliance with state laws and Joint Commission standards.
- Translates goals and objectives of the department into effective work operations, encouraging and supporting employees to achieve these goals.
- Collaborates with hospital management, professional staff and department/unit staff to promote effective communication and cooperation to ensure patient needs are met.
- Monitors departmental outcomes, measures progress and intervene where necessary in order to achieve compliance with internal and external standards, guidelines or measures.
- Works with Hospitals in our service area to promote Unit in community.
- Participates in Clinical Leadership, general Hospital Leadership and Leadership Development courses.
- Monitors pertinent healthcare trends, develops insights, and identities business opportunities for new programs and services.
- Prepares necessary support to influence or develop pertinent regulations that influence the organization’s mission and strategies.
- Represents the organization on pertinent committees of scientific and professional groups.
- Monitors department staff in presenting and/or publishing articles, abstracts, or results of research studies in professional journals or at professional meetings.
- Collaborates with corporate teams, state and national health care professionals, and professional organizations via information exchange, benchmarking tools, and attendance at national conferences.
- Participates in and serves as a role model/leader for excellence in Unit
What will you need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BS in Nursing
- Two years experience in a Nursing Supervisory capacity
- Two years Critical Care Experience
- Active RN license in the State of Florida
- NIH, BCLS, ACLS
- 2 years management with emphasis on operations, clinical compliance, finance and marketing (Preferred)
- MS in Nursing or Business (Preferred)