Registered Nurse Surgery Room Holding FT Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country
appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Implements the Surgical plan of care.
- Maintains liaison with Registration, Laboratory, Pre-op Holding, Volunteer Desk, Ambulatory Services, Endoscopy, PACU and Anesthesia Department for safe patient care.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure, able to assist the physician within the role of circulating nurse in the procedure room, knowledgeable of equipment and supplies for OR procedures.
- Clean procedure rooms, redress table and stock work area with supplies while checking for outdates and inform manager/charge nurse of supplies needed when par level decreases and report equipment issues promptly. Makes written changes to the preference cards as needed and submits them for electronic update.
- Actively participates in department Performance Improvement Plan, Staff Meetings, monthly assigned duties and orients new nurses to the unit.
- Participates in scheduling weekend add-on patients while adhering to the guidelines.
What will you need?
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, current registered nursing license with the Florida State Board of Examiners
- Maintain active BLS