Phlebotomist Lab Admin PT Days
Req #: 16011155
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Part Time, Days
20 Hours per Week
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Shares technical knowledge with co-workers; assists with training and orientation of new employees/students and serves as a resource to current staff, students and physicians.
- Willingly assists other associates during times of high volume workload.
- Communicates in a friendly, professional manner with patients, visitors and associates.
- Shows enthusiasm in the workplace; actively involved in promoting morale and encouraging others.
- Seeks opportunities to work cooperatively with other members of the hospital and system.
- Responds in a professional manner to customer requests and inquiries, assuming responsibility for seeing them through to completion.
- Limits personal phone calls and business so as not to compromise productivity.
- Adjusts to changing customer needs by adapting work habits, schedules, or matters of personal convenience to improve service.
- Works independently.
- Uses time efficiently when regular workload is done.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; openly admits mistakes and seeks ways to correct the problem.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment and follows established chemical hygiene and biohazard protocols.
- Collects specimens from patient using age-appropriate techniques; labels and prepares specimens for transport; performs related data entry functions in a careful and timely fashion with scrupulous attention to identification and handling.
- Receives, evaluates and solves problems related to specimen collection and processing, ensuring specimen integrity, so that quality results are obtained.
- Performs waived testing according to established procedures.
- Accurately reports test results.
- Recognizes critical results and documents action taken according to established policies.
- Uses the LIS efficiently to register patients, order tests & obtain information, in keeping with established protocols.
- Recognizes that the attainment of knowledge is every employee’s responsibility and accepts accountability for staying current on all written or electronic communication.
What will you need?
- Phlebotomy skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills
- High School Diploma of Equivalent
- No Previous Experience is Required
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification PBT(ASCP) (American Society for Clinical Pathology) or equivalent Preferred