CV Technologist Cath Lab FT Days
Req #: 16011411
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Full Time, Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Facilitates a culture of teamwork, cohesiveness, and excellence.
- Performs all cardiovascular procedures according to hospital and department policies
- As a technologist scrubs in and assists physicians utilizing sterile technique
- Sets-up, operates, and maintains equipment and supplies for each procedures.
- Holds pressure on arterial and venous sites and applies sterile dressing to puncture site after hemostasis is achieved.
- Assists physicians in invasive cardiology procedures.
- Administers contrast media competently.
- As a technologist, preps patient for sterile procedure and maintains sterile field, selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis for each examination.
- Transfers and positions patients; applies sterile dressing to injection site, cleans and disinfects equipment in procedure room.
- Maintains physiological monitoring equipment and supplies, prepares room for procedure (including sterile field), selects proper catheters and guide wires for each procedure, provides immobilization devices as required, operates Medrad Injector; selects proper pressure, rates and volume for each injection, operates and maintains equipment, calculates catheter data, administers opaque media appropriately.
- Uses good body mechanics when transferring patients. Transfers and positions patient’s pre and post procedure.
- Takes scheduled emergency call and arrives within 30 minutes per department policy.
- Follows the “Standards of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Facilitates efficiency in the lab to accommodate procedures in a timely fashion for optimum patient care and service.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
- Demonstrates commitment to Personal Professional Development.
- Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
- Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Maintains clinical expertise in diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures.
- Working cooperatively within the work group and with other services, and
- Supporting an inclusive environment in which everyone can fully contribute to the organization.
- Maintain an unwavering commitment to standards of ethical behavior and honesty
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient and business information,
- Maintaining unwavering commitment to the highest standards of character,
- Providing conscientious commitment to assigned work,
- Being a trustworthy associate and co-worker,
- Recognizing and managing risks,
- Communicating honestly with everyone, and
- Verbally and behaviorally supporting Medical Center mission and values.
- Commits to satisfying the needs of others beyond their expectation
- Anticipating and addressing the needs of customers
- Assuming additional responsibilities to support team efforts,
- Assisting others where possible to bring about positive outcomes,
- Demonstrates a helpful attitude and purpose towards customers
- Resolves issues and problems as soon as they arise.
- Demonstrates positive service recovery
- Engage in the continuous pursuit of acclaimed quality and hold to the ideals of extraordinary care
- Using past experiences as a learning process and sharing those experiences with others,
- Seizing learning opportunities to improve personal effectiveness,
- Demonstrating knowledge of performance improvement,
- Participating in decision-making processes.
- Manage resources wisely in order to provide high quality health services both now and in the future.
- Utilizing the time and talents of others effectively,
- Maximizing the use of all resources in a cost-effective manner,
- Come to work alert and attentive to patients, customers, and co-workers and remain so throughout the day
- Fulfills work schedule commitments.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of Shawnee Mission Health
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- No Previous Experience is Required
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) OR
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT) OR
- Kansas Registered Nurse License and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT)
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred