Case Manager (RN) Care Management PT Days
PT Days (Weekends)
PT Days (Weekends)
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Overland Park, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Effectively functions as part of a self-directed work team.
- Coordinates the integration of utilization management, care coordination and discharge planning functions for patient care to meet established level of care, length of stay goals and patient needs, complying with all associated regulatory requirements and policies.
- Mobilizes resources to achieve expected goals per the patient’s plan of care and ensures that patient diagnostics are appropriate and necessary and completed with the established timeframe.
- Anticipates discharge planning needs; refers discharge planning and psychosocial needs to Social Worker and/or Case Management Assistant. Facilitates coordination of services.
- Leads multidisciplinary team meetings for review of the patient’s plan of care, utilization management and discharge planning, collaborating with team members to address patient needs and desired outcomes.
- Coordinates the care of patients: works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and ancillary departments to move patients efficiently through the continuum, optimizing positive patient outcomes.
- Assumes final accountability to ensure that care of the patient is appropriately coordinated to meet clinical and transitional needs at time of discharge.
- Communicates timely and effectively with third party payers regarding certification and discharge needs.
What will you need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 2 Years minimum of Position-Related Experience in an Acute Medical Hospital setting within the last 3 years OR 2 years minimum of Care Management Experience in an insurance company setting
- Kansas Registered Nurse License