Charge Nurse RN Emergency Department FT Nights
Req #: 16010904
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
36 hours per week
Full Time Nights
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Facilitates a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, patient flow, staffing, resource utilization and problem solving for a specific patient care department.
- Collaborates with patients/customers, families, physicians, administration and associates to meet customer needs.
- Provides safe patient care, evaluates the interventions provided and forecasts resource needs to meet patient care needs on an ongoing basis.
- Uses critical thinking skills and the nursing process to insure optimal patient outcomes.
- Facilitates the tone of the work environment and assures that all personnel are competent.
- Adheres to all policies of the department and organization and adheres to all behavior standards of Shawnee Mission Health.
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association