Unit Clerk- Labor & Delivery- PT Nights
Req #: 17000134
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Maintains department logs and records
- Responds to customer needs in timely and professional manner
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility
- Demonstrates tactfulness, diplomacy and courteousness in all contacts with patients, visitors, physicians and any other health team members
- Respects Manager, employee and patient confidentiality
- Maintains an orderly working environment
What will you need?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Basic clerical and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prior hospital experience (Preferred)