Training Analyst Physician Admin FT Variable
Req #: 17000364
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Information Systems
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Support the training efforts related to Athena Health, other software applications, and continuing education training across the medical group.
- Work in cooperation with the Physician Enterprise Practice Performance team to deliver highly effective training to all levels of end users.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods, reimagining creative and innovative tools, techniques and approaches to achieve excellent comprehension, proficiency, and performance results from end users.
- Deliver individual, small group, and large group training for both new and existing users including physicians, advanced practice providers, clinical support staff, front office staff, and professional/managerial staff. This includes classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, recorded webinars, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Deliver effective functionality and work flow training to end users.
- Coordinate training programs and ensure proper training materials are available prior to and during training.
- Assist in performing learning needs analysis and modify training plan as needed to ensure success of the training. Tailor training delivery based on the specific style of the adult learner to achieve the desired comprehension and proficiency.
- Regularly assess the training needs of end users through on-site visits, job and process analyses, surveys, adoption metric audits, and quality improvement metric audits
- Identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed and collaboratively devise and deploy the most appropriate training and education strategies to resolve these gaps
- Identify and effectively communicate any potential barriers, risks or delays as it pertains to training and the overall learning plan/strategy including challenges related to logistics, change management, user skill sets, available tools, etc.
- Collaboratively monitor and evaluate the training and education programs’ effectiveness and success periodically to recommend and participate in the development and implementation of ongoing improvements.
- Assess training program and instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills and how it affects KPIs.
- Maintain and enhance a keen understanding of adult learning, training and education trends, developments and best practices through education, reading, workshop attendance, etc.
- Facilitate communications to end users with updates and changes in functionality and work flow.
- Implement process audits to evaluate system adoption and work flow standards and efficiencies and report findings and recommendations to the medical group, Physician Enterprise, and AIT teams.
- Identify opportunities to improvement measurement of and compliance with outcome metrics to focus on provider wellbeing, staff satisfaction, consumer engagement and satisfaction, and financial performance.
- Serve as a resource person and role model to aid in the learning process.
- Serve as a liaison between the medical groups and Physician Enterprise and Adventist Information Technology (AIT) teams.
- Identify significant process issues, share findings with medical group leadership and Physician Enterprise and AIT teams to improve future training materials, education methods, and monitoring tools and metrics.
- Collaboratively define and communicate best practice work flows and system use by clinical and non-clinical physician practice users.
- Facilitate assessment of work flow processes before, during, and after system implementation.
- Adhere to the AHS Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Maintain policies and procedures related to the clinical information system.
- Working hours are full time; Monday – Friday, occasional weekends may be required.
- Up to 50% travel may be required with occasional overnight stays.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
- Possesses extensive knowledge of adult learning styles and training delivery in support of physician practice operations including adoption of practice management and EHR systems.
- Possesses knowledge of how to identify education and training needs in a healthcare setting and participate in related program development and instruction.
- Possesses extensive experiencing implementing and coordinating traditional and modern training methods and techniques.
- Possesses working knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Demonstrates ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinator, monitor and evaluate) within an ambulatory healthcare environment.
- Demonstrates ability to develop/make effective presentations and serve as a trainer.
- Demonstrates prominent participation in practice management and EHR implementation and/or ongoing support and training programs.
- Displays knowledge and skills necessary to deliver quality educational instruction to all levels of staff (including external agencies) in a clear and concise manner.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of employees, facilitate group processes and change.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong conflict resolution and customer relation skills.
- Excels at prioritization and coordination of multiple projects.
- Communicates strong understanding of applicable policies and procedures.
- Possesses knowledge in healthcare operations, information technology, revenue cycle, physician practice operations, clinical operations, nursing workflow, physician work flow, and medical information management.
- Demonstrates understanding of revenue cycle and compliance practices.
- Experienced in application of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation.
- Knowledge of/experience with athenaCollector and athenaClinicals (Preferred)
- Other EHR implementation and training experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of quality reporting and physician practice regulatory programs (e.g., PQRS, MACRA) (Preferred)
- Expertise in process mapping and process mapping tools (Preferred)
- Project management experience (Preferred)
- Experience with process improvement methods and tools, e.g., Lean/Six Sigma (Preferred)