Admitting Representative FT Nights
By treating each patient with care and compassion, employees on our Patient Access team help fulfill our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. They are responsible for registering patients, collecting financial data, keeping track of records, and relaying information to patients and clinicians as needed.
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Assist as needed to answer phones at Florida Hospital Imaging.
- Assist as needed in the scheduling of outpatient examinations.
- Process and print CD’s, reports, and film requests.
- Maintains a high level of Radiology knowledge to complete the Registration process in a timely and effective manner
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Computer skills - data entry, spreadsheet skills, basic mathematical skills.
- Many patients and families are under stress and tact is required to handle patient interaction.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Must have knowledge of medical technology.
- One year medical experience preferred, but not required.