Social Worker MSW Home Health PRN Days
Req #: 17000292
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
What You Are Responsible For:
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- Evaluate patients as assigned.
- Assist the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the state of health.
- Conduct visits to evaluate patient needs and implement a plan of social service assistance maximizing patient care plan goals and providing for continuing management of needs within the home or seeking alternative arrangements.
- Counsel the patient and family members to develop attitudes and behaviors supportive of maximum health practices.
- Participate in the team process through cooperative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provide comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
- Utilize community agencies and alternative resources to assist patients and their families in resolving unmet health care needs, financial and environmental difficulties.
- Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Provide required documentation within established time frames.
- Report pertinent observations to attending physician, Case Manager or Patient Care Supervisor.
- Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Master’s degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s social work experience in a health care setting
- Currently licensed by the state of Florida, if providing clinical counseling.
- Valid Florida driver’s license