Sterile Processing Tech PRN Days
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment immediately after surgery. Maintains adequate turnaround of instruments and equipment trays in the event of urgent or emergency needs.
- Selects appropriate disinfectants, detergents, sterilization methods and decontamination devices according to device type and applicable instructions for use.
- Inspects, assembles instrument and equipment trays in a timely manner to assure all necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets, and notifies manager or Lead technician of any deviations.
- Selects proper packaging and sterilization methods as appropriate to the instrumentation.
- Properly loads and unloads sterilizer to ensure items will be exposed to proper sterilization conditions.
- As directed, Monitors sterilizers in SPD, CVOR and OR according to infection control policies.
- Approves that each sterilization load has reached its completion as to the required time, temperature and pressure for the duration required to reach sterilization.
- Logs the approved printout from each load in the appropriate book per SPD policies and procedures.
- Accurately reads and documents biological results for required loads and notifies Supervisor or Manager of any deviation from the norm.
- Performs testing of sterilization equipment for functionality daily.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certification in Sterile Processing OR minimum 1 year experience in Sterile Processing
- Certification in Sterile Processing Principles OR related professional certification required within 1 year of hire or transfer into the department.
- Must be computer literate