Registered Nurse Clinical Decision Unit Full Time Days
Req #: 17002635
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Clinical Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The RN is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission and patient promise of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his / her area of practice.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
· Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
· Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
· Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
· Assures quality of care by adhering to standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
· Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations with the assistance of health care support personnel.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
· Completes documentation per organizational policy.
· Ensures safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer knowledge
· Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
What will you need:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
- ADN, Diploma
- Complete arrhythmia test or course within ninety days
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current or completion of NIHSS stroke certification within thirty days
- BSN and/or MSN (Preferred)
- 1 year relevant clinical nursing experience (Preferred)