Cancer Data Specialist II PRN Day
Req #: 17003456
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for implementation, management and maintenance of a comprehensive program of data collection and analysis of clinical care for internal and external benchmarking to improve patient outcomes and hospital processes (Commission on Cancer; NAPBC; FCDS; National Cancer Data Base; CDC, etc.).
- Conducts on-going review of medical care to determine need for physician review or committee review or to establish that care rendered was appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities for improving care or preventing events that have a negative impact on patient care.
- Collects data for aggregation for defined Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Prepares reports of data for Medical Staff and hospital committees.
- Participates in our facilitates PI Teams.
What will you need?
- Must be currently certified as Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR Certification in Health Information Management (RHIT, RHIA); Nursing (RN, LPN) or other Allied Health preferred. BSN prepared strongly preferred.
- At least some familiarity with programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Cerner, Outlook, Electronic Registry Systems (ERS) or other cancer data software systems; Florida Cancer Data Systems or other State Reporting requirements; and ACOS/COC is required.
- Must obtain Florida Cancer Data Systems Abstractor ID within 60 days of hire.
- Associate’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Information Technology or equivalent experience is required.
- At least two years of experience working in cancer registry /data management department within an accredited cancer program or have completed 2-year AHIMA Education Program for Cancer Registrars.
- Advanced competencies with computerized cancer registry database, electronic medical record, word processing, database, spreadsheet design and integration software required (i.e., Cancer Registry databases, Microsoft Office Suite applications).
- Certifications as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) through the National Cancer Registrars Association
- Abstractor ID Number from Florida Cancer Data Systems within 60 days of hire.