Cath Lab Manager FT Days
Req #: 17003792
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- The nurse manager is responsible and accountable for planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the management & clinical practice activities for the nursing unit(s) under his/her charge.
- He/she assumes 24 hour accountability by setting measurable goals and objectives so that optimum quality patient care is delivered and staff is developed to exert care in a professional and caring manner.
- Responsible for managing all personnel on nursing unit(s).
- Conducts interviews and hires best qualified candidate to fill vacancies. Candidates can be new employees or transfers within the facilities.
- Follows all hiring policies and collaborates with, Human Resources and education to facilitate hiring and orientation.
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Performs annual employee appraisals on all unit staff.
- Ensures that staff clearly understands expectations.
- Identifies needed areas of improvement throughout year.
- Coaches/counsels/disciplines employees when appropriate in a professional, objective and timely manner.
What will you need?
- Current Florida RN license required.
- Current BLS / ACLS (within 90 days)
- BS degree or AS with equivalent experience.
- Five years of nursing experience required
- Two years management experience with proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrates outstanding clinical and technical skills within the scope of duties defined by the respective license.
- Possess knowledge of pre and post nursing procedures, cardiac catheterization procedures, complications and processes