Food Service Worker PRN Day Shift
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Keep Room Service cold side stocked, cleaned, and organized.
- Prepares cold food and beverages according to recipe and production needs.
- Takes inventory of nursing pantries, prepares and assembles and stocks bulk nourishments; rotates, cleans and sanitizes following HACCP guidelines. Maintains daily accuracy in documentation for billing.
- Serves food on tray line, records temperatures for required items.
- Moves patient tray carts and bulk nourishments carts throughout the hospital and returns them to FANS.
- Displays excellent customer service skills in execution of duties to fulfill FANS mission.
- Delivers trays to patients using two patient identifiers and following policy for isolations, diabetic trays and other situations a s directed.
- Maintains condition and cleaning of floors, work stations and equipment used in performance of all duties.
- Assists in putting up stock, rotating stock, labeling and dating prepared foods.
- Participates in dish room duties of dumping, loading, and unloading. Washes pots and pans in 3 compartment sink as needed.
- Uses cleaning chemicals correctly and in required concentrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned in café, catering, and/or production
What will you need?
- Must have basic math skills and ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Good customer service skills required.
- Computer skills required
- At least one-year experience in food service experience in hospitality or healthcare industry.
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- Driver’s license required for positions that require off site locations.