Telemetry Technician PRN
Req #: 17003807
Location: Kileen, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
What you will responsible for:
This position is responsible for making sure that the flow of information between departments responsible for patient care is maintained as well as ensuring that the tests and treatments are ordered promptly. Also performs direct observation of cardiac monitoring, interprets rhythms and reports observations to the Registered Nurse, documents rhythm strips on chart and maintains central monitoring system.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains patient charts and records.
- Completes 24 hour checks of orders and makes sure charts have appropriate forms for future documentation.
- Notifies physicians and ancillary departments of patient’s need for consultation in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient admission to the telemetry monitoring equipment.
- Maintains telemetry units and supplies. Ensures that patients are attached to telemetry or hardwire monitors correctly and troubleshoots poor reception.
- Performs central monitoring tasks such as documentation of shift EKG patterns and any changes in patient’s EKG rhythm.
- Reports changes in EKG rhythm to charge nurse.
- Maintains shift-by-shift report on each telemetry patient rhythm status.
- Inputs the necessary charges for patient billing.
- Activates the Code Blue System as directed by nurses.
- Decides for transfer of patients. Prepares necessary papers for transfer of patients to other facilities.
- Reports spills, environmental hazards and needed repairs to Facility Management.
What you will need:
- High School education or its equivalent required.
- Basic ECG course or equivalent.
- Must be able to interpret basic dysrhythmias.
- Completes required continuing education.
- Demonstrates a specialized level of knowledge and thorough understandings of practices/procedures related to: