Environmental Services Floor Technician Part Time
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
* The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
* Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
* Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
* “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
* Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
* Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures a safe, clean and well-maintained facility on a daily basis. Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead announcements, two-way radio communication, and/or the use of a pager.
- Performs assigned floor care, i.e. dust mopping, damp mopping, scrubbing, striping and re-coating, spray buffing and carpet shampooing. Responsible for assigned floors, including stairways and elevators. Cleans and maintains floor and carpet care equipment.
- Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment. Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge relating to matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants, and reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations.
- Participates in all emergency programs or situations as required, and performs all duties as requested. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested.
- Moves equipment, furniture for cleaning, and relocation of offices. Helps with set-up for special functions as needed.
- Documents all work that has been performed.
- Maintains age specific precautions including. Cleaning carts will not be left unattended. Environmental Services closets will remain locked at all times. Keep hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience is needed
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do simple arithmetic
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties
- Floor tech experience preferred