Director of Surgical Services FT Days $10K Sign On and $3K Relocation
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- This position is responsible for the administrative and clinical activities of the following units: Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Pre-Admission Testing (PAT), Ambulatory Surgery Unit (ASU), Main Operating Room, Endoscopy, Sterile Processing, and Anesthesia Support Services.
- The Director will also work with the Manager of Anesthesia Professional Services and provides oversight support when needed.
- Functions include overseeing Patient Care Management, Physician Relations, and Quality Care activities for the respective areas.
- Works closely with the Chief of Surgery and Chief of Anesthesia.
- Florida RN license required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years Surgical Services including Operating Room experience required
- 3 to 5 years management/leadership experience required.
- Surgical Services, Operating Room knowledge and skills
- Masters preferred. BS or BSN required or currently registered in a BS or BSN program with completion within 2 years of hire into position.
- National Surgical Services certification preferred (CNOR, CPAN or CAPA) preferred
- ACLS and PALS preferred