Ultra Sound Tech I -PRN
Req #: 17005424
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists physicians and performs quality Ultrasound procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature. Moves Mobile Ultrasound equipment throughout hospital, lifts, turns and stoops while moving patients.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks Ultrasound rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology Department.
- Properly performs scans in accordance with set procedure guidelines to aid in the patient's diagnosis at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Demonstrates proper job knowledge to operate all necessary equipment in order to perform procedures requested as observed by supervisor.
- Performs scans in timely manner, display required views, satisfactory positioning (assisting patient as needed), and taking additional views as deemed necessary from viewing routine images.
- Inspects images for satisfactory techniques and labeling prior to releasing patient and sending images for interpretation.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve job-related problems such as equipment malfunctions, alternate patient positioning if needed, additional views and realization of equipment and patient limitations.
- Regularly reviews the requisitions received during the shift to schedule properly and most efficiently during the shift as observed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology and uses this knowledge to enhance scans and individualize each exam if needed to aid in diagnosis of patient, as observed by supervisor and Radiologists.
- Regularly reviews the status of arriving patients to utilize equipment and time to maximum, making sure that the next patient will be available.
- Always reviews the patient history from the chart, previous films and from the patient if possible, making proper notations of such on the written exam request.
- Notifies scheduled out-patients of approximate waiting times upon arrival, if greater than a 15-minute wait is expected, periodically informs patients as to waiting time status.
- Notifies nursing floors when behind schedule so that patients may be fed accordingly and re-prepped for new scheduled time.
- Accepts responsibility for supervision of students as they rotate through assigned area.
What you will need:
- Must have two years’ college Associates Degree or RDMS eligible.
- Graduate of an approved School of Ultrasonography. Registry eligible.
- Must obtain RDMS within one year of hire date