Registered Nurse Main Operating Room Circulator FT Days
Req #: 17005456
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement initiatives including: initial patient assessment within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database collection, identifies patient/family teaching and discharge planning needs.
- Identifies expected outcomes for the plan of care individualized to the patient or situation and for unit specific PI outcomes. Participation in identification of unit specific PI outcomes.
- The patient’s plan of care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patient’s cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plans for patients and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing interventions and physicians orders in an accurate, timely manner and documents intervention according to hospital policy.
- Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by chart audits.
- Coordinates implementation of the plan of care through leadership and delegation appropriate to skill level including but not limited to: LPNs, NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs.
- Educates patient/family based on assessed learning needs.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected patient outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes daily with patient, family and health team members.
- Ensures safe and effective handoff communications and documentation of such between care givers.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing practice.
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into practice.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of experience.
- Integrates population specific standards when planning care.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, participants in clinical ladder will have additional expectations in this role.
What you will need:
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements.
- Graduate of a school of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement