Respiratory Therapist II PRN Days
Req #: 17004833
Location: Land O' Lakes, FL
Job Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: FH Connerton LTAC
Florida Hospital Connerton
At Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care, we deliver meaningful care by getting to know our patients and their families. Our 50-bed hospital is designed to serve individuals who have medically complex illnesses requiring additional weeks of specialized hospital care.
The unique care environment of a long-term acute-care hospital means that our patients and their visitors will spend more time with us than at other hospitals. For that reason, we've designed our hospital to be a comfortable environment. Our specially trained staff are not only experts in providing advanced care, but also have friendly, compassionate personalities that help ease the stress that can be associated with long-term illnesses. The 48,000-square foot, one-story Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care features all private rooms, an operating room for minor inpatient procedures, a chapel, inner courtyard and dining area.
FH LTAC Connerton now possesses the following certifications:
- Pulmonary Center of Excellence
- Vapotherm Center of Excellence
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and new orientee staff precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists. Supports hospital and department mission, goals, and department metrics. Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures neatly, accurately, thoroughly, and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to all Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association and performs other duties as directed. Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, airway suctioning, extubation, assist with tracheostomy insertion, perform tracheostomy tube change, assist with bronchoscopy, and procedural respiratory support.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per department protocol. Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
- Obtains, analyzes and reports findings of arterial blood gases, and co-oximetry. Performs quality controls as needed. Setup and Performs oximetry, apnea and ETCO2 monitoring as ordered by physician.
- Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and non-conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure. Reviews chest radiological reports as necessary per supervisor and policy and procedures.
- Performs bedside spirometry, overnight oximetry studies, six minute walk tests.
- Conventional Ventilator Management per ventilator management protocol including ventilator set up and routine ventilator checks, intra and inter-hospital transport.
- Documentation and charging for all interactions with patients according to deparment and hospital guidelines.
- Assesses and/or interprets data about the patient’s status to identify each patients needs and provide appropriate care, including age-related care.
- Identifies and applies planning care and/or intervention techniques appropriate to the physical, cognitive and psychosocial characteristics of each patient population served.
- Implement clinical strategies that incorporate respiratory therapy assessment driven protocols that are patient centric, value driven and evidence-based best practices focused on disease management.
- Assists physician with diagnostic & therapeutic bronchoscopy procedure including Bronchial Alveolar Lavage, Transbronchial biopsies, assist physician with routine exploratory aspects of bronchoscopy during procedure as needed. Sets-up and breaks-down equipment and cart before and after procedure. Maintains and trouble shoots bronchoscopic equipment and notifies Team Leader of any concerns with equipment. Prepares patient for procedure including education of patient and family.
- Provides effective patient education on all therapy modalities as needed to the patient and/or the patient’s family to ensure a complete understanding of the benefits of care provided.
- Implements AIDET and department specific customer service expectations to provide optimal patient care.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the methods and techniques of infection control, safe ergonomically correct body mechanics and all applicable regulations, standards, and licensing requirements.
- Demonstrates expended skill and emergent intervention skills by applying and utilizing appropriate judgment and critical thinking for problem resolution considering all aspects of the whole.
- Demonstrates ability to perform a variety of complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures according to established standards and training under supervision of appropriate healthcare professionals and established departmental protocols.
- Provides assessment and intervention for cardio-pulmonary system function to patients by applying age appropriate methods in accordance with established policies and procedures and safety and quality standards.
- Interprets evaluations and test results to determine appropriate treatment plan(s) in consultation with interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement intuitive: proactively evaluates systems, practices and assists creating and implementing changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of care delivery methods/coordination.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current respiratory care management, and health care delivery trends and developments including awareness of latest technology and practices to improve patient outcomes.
What will you need:
- ABG Puncture and Analysis
- Basic CPR and airway management
- Oscillatory Chest Physiotherapy Applications
- Application Non-Invasive Oxygen Therapies & devices
- Respiratory Monitoring Pulse oximetry applications
- Medicated Aerosol Therapies, Bronchial Hygiene Therapies, Lung Expansion Therapies
- Basic Spirometry
- Routine Oxygen Delivery, Devices, and Oximetry
- Non Invasive High Flow Therapy
- Basic Tracheotomy Care
- Advanced Tracheostomy Care including tracheotomy change & de-cannulation
- Non-Invasive Bilevel Application & Management
- Non-Invasive End Tidal Co2 Capnography Application & Monitoring
- Invasive End Tidal Co2 Capnography Application & Monitoring
- Basic Airway Management, Suctioning
- Advanced Tracheostomy Care/Change out- de-cannulations
- Bronchoscopy Set-up, Assist & Sterile Processing
- Advanced Conventional & NON-Conventional Ventilator Management
- Utilize and adapt to State of the Art Technology, Computer Systems and Applications
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Graduate from an AMA approved program by the National Board of Respiratory Care in Respiratory Therapy is required. AAS or AS is required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required.
- CPR/BLS, ACLS certification required.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience in acute care setting.
- One year critical care including ventilator management (Preferred)
- Current Florida State License as a RRT /Registered Respiratory Therapist