Registered Nurse (RN) OP Center Amb Surgery FT Days
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the Same Day Surgery unit and other areas of perioperative services for all patient populations.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Assess patient’s postoperative status at intervals per facility or health care organization policies and procedures
- Interpret information accurately from various noninvasive and invasive monitors.
- Describe the underlying pathophysiology of commonly encountered disease processes.
- Describe the physiology associated with various anesthesia techniques and surgical or procedural interventions.
- Apply the relevant discharge criteria for the patient defined by organizational policy.
- Develop an individualized perianesthesia plan of care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current state of Texas registered nurse licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)