Registered Nurse Education Student Navigator Part Time Days
Req #: 17005803
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinates the nursing student program at FHZ.
- Provides orientation, in-services, continuing education for nursing students and clinical instructors.
- Teaches classes, provides individual instruction, coordinates post conference in-service training.
- Coordinates general orientation; mentor’s preceptors and evaluates process.
- Coordinates affiliation agreements and renewals.
- Assists with evaluating and documenting clinical instructor performance of clinical skills.
- Interacts professionally with each nursing unit to determine their capacity of student experiences.
- Performs continuous evaluations of students and clinical instructors needs; determines effectiveness of educational programs.
- Develops instructional for students and clinical instructors.
- Participates as an advisory board member and participates in the school fairs and special events to promote our partnership.
- Demonstrates patient care equipment; set-ups demonstrations of patient care equipment by vendors'/manufacturers' representatives.
- Helps to coordinate performance improvement activities.
- Assists with and implementation of special projects.
- Documents the students and clinical instructors in required training.
- Assists school directors in planning and implementing the clinical rotations and practicum experiences.
- Serves as a resource person, consultant to nursing and medical staff, education instructors, students and all other staff members.
- Performs clinical duties if needed during a surge plan.
- Treats staff, patients and families with respect and dignity; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Teaches all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists Education Director with administrative duties as needed; manage reports; maintains in-service student orientation records; plans a monthly calendar for student education activities.
- Coordinates, educates, and mentors all new RN Grads.
- Participates in the patient experience education of all new employees.
What will you need:
- Proficient clinical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Computer skills required include proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Current Florida RN License
- Clinical experience in a hospital setting
- Cerner electronic medical record knowledge
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- BLS Instructor Certification within first year
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s in a related healthcare field (Preferred)
- ACLS (Preferred)