Imaging Technician Fulltime Nights
Req #: 17005973
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to the hospital and department policies and procedures as related to the radiology department clinical area.
- Responsible for the application of imaging guidelines and standards in accordance with current practices.
- Patient Care activities include, but not limited to:
- Follows supervisors direction and job assignments daily with flexibility as changes necessitate.
- Reviews imaging orders to assess correctness of examination requested and any patient special needs or conditions.
- Ensures correct patient for each procedure using proper standards for identification.
- Communicates with all patients professionally at all times while looking for opportunities to exceed their expectations.
- Provides instructions /educates patients and/or significant other on examinations to be performed when necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper working order of assigned equipment, examination rooms and overall appearance of department and facility.
- Greets and assists patients when visiting the department and when assistance is necessary while in the hospital
- Immediately provides supervisor with detailed information on any safety concerns for patients or staff that may impact care or overall wellbeing.
- Has knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and all health care providers.
- Actively participates in Patient Experience / Performance Improvement projects for clinical areas.
- Activity participates in assigned meetings.
What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited radiology program
- Successful completion of American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) boards and maintaining ARRT Certification and continuing education requirements.
- TMB licensed in the State of Texas, or have achieved this status within the time period of temporary certification expiration with the State of Texas.
- Ability to perform radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Knowledge of communication styles and constant deployment of proper engagement behaviors when encountering patients, staff and physicians.
- Other ARRT certifications, (M) (CT) preferred
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification preferredExperience: 2 years’ experience in hospital clinical radiology, preferred.
- LEAN training preferred