Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Educator with Critical Care Experience
Req #: 17006131
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will be responsible for the education in the Ortho Surgical Unit, Medical Surgical Unit (PGCU), Cardiac Care Unit and the ICU. They will need to be familiar and/or have experience with Critical Care. A successful candidate is someone who is motivated, can work autonomously, has great ideas and can interact with a variety of different personalities and learning styles.
- Integrates the philosophy and objectives of Metroplex Adventist Health System in the framework of educational activities.
- Collaborates with other Educators/Super Users to develop appropriate teaching opportunities for staff.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Cerner as it relates to nursing and ancillary staff.
- Plans and develops educational programs for clinical staff based upon identified needs and stated objectives as documented in needs assessments, committee reports and verbal and written requests, coordinating with the Director of Clinical Informatics.
- Collaborates with management and staff to identify and assess clinical learning needs.
- Provides support for internships and orientation programs to effectively develop a competent practice environment.
- Identifies and clearly communicates gaps in staff knowledge and/or competency to the appropriate administrative entity and provides action plan to address those gaps
- Review and provides current information to clinicians on a one on one basis and through a monthly newsletter article and/or other communication.
- Initiates and actively participates in departmental quality improvement.
- Works in collaboration with the Director and Manager of supported units to assist with staff meetings to ensure updates/changes are disseminated.
- Monitors and reports staff compliance with specific initiatives as well as timely follow up with new staff to identify deficiencies.
- Performs regular chart audits to identify areas for improvement and develops training plans to address these deficiencies through one-on-one or small group training sessions.
- Uses critical thinking skills to project potential problems and solutions in training and data management.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, maintaining a positive attitude and customer focus.
What will you need
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities(Preferred).
- BSN or higher from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of hospital nursing, including experience in specialty area for which employee is responsible. (Critical Care)
- Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.