Pharmacist FT Days
Req #: 17006359
Location: Wauchula, FL
Job Category: Pharmacy
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurately labels all medication prior to dispensing.
- Accurately maintains all record-keeping associated with receipt, distribution, and inventory of controlled substances according to standards from the DEA, Board of Pharmacy & DBPR.
- Adaptation to changes in workload and work schedule. Amenable to unforeseen scheduling changes, including dates, times, and locations.
- Assists nursing or other medical staff members in completing ADR reports, if required.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision. Able to work cooperatively with Florida Hospital Heartland health system and other pharmacy team members. Assists with new employee orientation and supervises technicians to perform technician duties according to job description.
- Checks medication carts, both with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with all other healthcare providers using SBAR methodology.
- Communicates with prescriber, completing appropriate documentation, when non-formulary drugs are requested and representing support for the formulary via therapeutic interchanges.
- Completes prescriber preprinted orders for all P & T/Utilization Review approved protocols.
- Completes RPh assessment on "Adverse Drug Reaction Follow-Up Form".
- Displays proficiency in Cerner pharmacy data entry system.
- Effectively uses own time and ensures efficient use by supervised subordinates.
- Ensures confidentiality in accordance with hospital policy.
- Ensures that clinical notes are appended to all "problem orders" and documentation is complete at the end of shift.
- Ensures that drug allergy information, height and weight are obtained prior to dispensing.
- Ensures that IV admixtures and premixed IV solutions are dispensed accurately and labeled appropriately adhering to policies and USP 797 standards.
- Adheres to policy and processes identifying variances and reporting process improvement solutions to leadership team.
- Participation in team efforts on Employee Engagement.
- Extends offer to counsel patients when dispensing from community pharmacy permits.
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies of absenteeism and tardiness. Reports to work as scheduled.
- Follows appropriate precautions and processes when compounding and dispensing chemotherapeutic agents adhering to USP 797 standards.
- Generates reports for review of drugs used in treatment of ADR's.
- Identifies patient medications, upon request, completing chart documentation.
- Resolves all "problem orders" by end of shift
- Performs therapeutic drug level monitoring when requested, using department kinetic software.
- Prepares adverse drug reaction reports when suspecting an ADR.
- Processes all medication orders in a timely manner.
- Documents all clinical activity and interventions accurately and completely.
- Provides drug information upon request.
- Resolves "problem orders" ASAP or by end of shift. (If not possible, notifies nursing and advises oncoming RPh., making appropriate clinical notations).
- Responsible for all technician performed duties.
- Responsible for closure/follow-up of own clinical notes.
- Reviews narcotic receipts from Pyxis C-II daily for accuracy, including administration and wastage.
- Works cooperatively with all members of the hospital team clarifying orders collaboratively within scope of practice. Performance demonstrates efforts to improve patient satisfaction, lower costs, improve quality and compliance with core measures as well as promote safety.
- Report medication errors, near misses, ADR’s problematic events in Risk Master.
- Demonstrate knowledge and adhere to USP 797 standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of JC standards and NPSG’s.
- Participates in quality improvement and medication-use review activities of the department.
- Demonstrates ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, psychiatric, oncology, obstetric and rehabilitation patients.
- Participates in the development of clinical pearls to share with other team members.
- Follows chain of command and complies with the HIPAA Privacy Rule standards.
- Adapts positively to changes in workload.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy school.
- State of Florida License in Registered Pharmacist.
- Good Computer Skills
- Good clinical knowledge on all medications.
- 3-5 Years of Hospital Pharmacy Experience (Preferred).
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (Preferred).
- State of Florida License in Consultant Pharmacist (Preferred).
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (Preferred).