Radiology Technologist- PRN Days
Req #: 17005268
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Performs radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists physicians and performs quality Radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature. Moves Mobile X-ray equipment throughout hospital, lifts, turns and stoops while moving patients.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size and labels radiographs correctly.
- Utilizes lead-blockers, aprons, gloves and cones during exposures as evidenced by films and noted by supervisor.
- Administers appropriate diagnostic contrast media as directed, i.e., intravenous, oral, rectal, etc.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibilities in darkroom, office, distribution and filing of X-ray reports as required by work demand.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of approved AMA program of Radiologic Technology.
- Graduate entry level.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Must be Registered ARRT. Must be licensed in the state of Texas or Registry Eligible.