Registered Nurse (RN) Full time Days
Req #: 17006162
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management, and acts as patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patient care.
- Provides efficient and effective care with the guidance of the physician during the clinic sessions, attends the clinics where scheduled and is dependable. Able to manage a number of patients at the same time with high energy and organization.
- Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care center Physicians, Program Director and Medical Director, regarding clinic and patient needs
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered Nurse with a current license,
- Wound Care Certification preferred.
- Medical Surgical, home health, or wound care, also preferred.
- Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infection control, safety and all unit required skill review.
- Oral Communication
- High energy
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal skills