Certified Surgical Tech Operating Room FT Days $2500 Sign on and Relocation Available
Req #: 17006588
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Potential Referral Bonus: $3000
Full-time / Days
Full-time / Days
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring supplies and equipment are available and in working order for all surgical procedures.
- Assisting in setting up and preparing Operating Room for assigned surgeries.
- Verifying exposure to sterilization process and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishing and maintaining a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
- Assisting in room turn over.
- Assisting with the safe transfer and positioning of patients when possible.
- During surgical procedures, will anticipate the needs of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Assisting in stocking rooms and updating supplies.
- Demonstrating ability to operate sterilizer and all equipment in the OR suite.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal skills by a willingness to help others and acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Picking supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes require.
What will you need?
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a nursing program or graduate of a scrub tech approved program for Certification required
- One year previous OR Tech experience or graduate from approved Surgical/OR tech school
- Certification is required.
- BLS required