Registered Nurse Surgery Recovery (PACU) PRN Days
Req #: 17006579
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Participating in direct patient care (geriatric, adult, adolescent, and pediatric), while analyzing and interpreting patient specific information to assess and reassess the individual nursing care plan.
- Demonstrating critical thinking skills when interpreting changes in patient’s immediate post-operative condition. Communicating patient information to all appropriate caregivers, to assure effective continuum of care.
- Demonstrating competence in the management and interpretation of all patient monitoring devices in the PACU environment.
- Providing accurate, timely documentation in Surginet and Power chart while utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to deliver competent, effective, cost efficient patient care.
- Participating in the revision and review of unit specific policies and procedures, while actively engaging in unit goals and performance improvement.
- Maintaining appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment.
- Assisting in the care and maintenance of equipment and stocking the unit with supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Associates Degree in Science or Diploma graduate
- Requires a minimum of one year critical care RN experience or previous PACU experience
- This position requires special training specific to critical care nursing
- Computer proficiency required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Must maintain current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification