Quality Manager FT Days
Req #: 17006841
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Under the general supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer: plans, organizes, facilitates, implements, and evaluates a system of quality management using best demonstrated practice to improve patient outcomes and maintain cost effective healthcare.
- Interacts collaboratively with Administration, Medical Staff, Nursing, and Ancillary Departments to promote a culture that encourages concurrent quality improvement.
- Presents in a professional, goal-oriented manner.
- Has primary responsibility for ensuring hospital compliance with The Joint Commission standards to maintain Joint Commission accreditation.
- Establishes and coordinates the collection, analysis, and presentation of data for all areas of Quality Management. Provides consultation for physician quality improvement.
- Coordinates, and provides oversight, for the activities of the Quality Improvement Committee, and the Evidence-Based Practice Committee.
- Ensures the timely submission of accurate data to comparative databases to accomplish effective benchmarking and meet regulatory requirements.
- Prioritizes facility-wide quality improvement efforts. Prepares and maintains the annual quality management plan.
What will you need?
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in health care environment, or 10 years equivalent experience in healthcare required.
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects of healthcare, and QI principles required.
- A Florida licensed healthcare provider is preferred ie; RN, RRT, RT preferred
- Certification as a Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), LEAN and Six Sigma training strongly desired preferred