Cancer Data Specialist II Full Time Days
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for implementation, management and maintenance of a comprehensive program of data collection and analysis of clinical care for internal and external benchmarking to improve patient outcomes and hospital processes (Commission on Cancer; NAPBC; FCDS; National Cancer Data Base; CDC, etc.).
- Conducts on-going review of medical care to determine need for physician review or committee review or to establish that care rendered was appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities for improving care or preventing events that have a negative impact on patient care.
- Collects data for aggregation for defined Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Prepares reports of data for Medical Staff and hospital committees.
- Participates in or facilitates PI Teams.
What will you need?
- Must be currently certified as Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR Certification in Health Information Management (RHIT, RHIA); Nursing (RN, LPN) or other Allied Health preferred.
- BSN prepared strongly preferred.
- At least some familiarity with programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Cerner, Outlook, Electronic Registry Systems (ERS) or other cancer data software systems; Florida Cancer Data Systems or other State Reporting requirements; and ACOS/COC is required.
- Must obtain Florida Cancer Data Systems Abstractor ID within 60 days of hire.
- Associate’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Information Technology or equivalent experience is required.
- At least two years of experience working in cancer registry /data management department within an accredited cancer program or have completed 2-year AHIMA Education Program for Cancer Registrars.
- Advanced competencies with computerized cancer registry database, electronic medical record, word processing, database, spreadsheet design and integration software required (i.e., Cancer Registry databases, Microsoft Office Suite applications).
- Certifications as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) through the National Cancer Registrars Association
- Abstractor ID Number from Florida Cancer Data Systems within 60 days of hire.