Certified Respiratory Therapist FT Nights
Req #: 17007218
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Job Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting and Caring for Others -- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment.
- Set up and operate devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment.
- Responds to Code Blue, Rapid Response and other Emergency Codes. Performs appropriate duties to rescue the patient, including maintaining the airway, intubation, chest compressions, ECG, ABG, and ventilator set-up. Trach tube changes will be limited to mature (greater than 7 days old) tracheostomies only.
- Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, and medication and dosages, compatible with physicians' orders.
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment. Explain treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation and allay fears.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- ABG, EKG
- Cerner or other EMR system (preferred)
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy from a school accredited by COARC or appropriate body.
- Clinical training in a hospital (preferred)
- Florida License, CRT
- NRP within 90 days from employment
- ACLS (preferred)