Registered Nurse Free Standing Emergency Department Full Time Nights
Req #: 17007232
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Potential Referral Bonus: $
SR 54 just east of the Suncoast Parkway in Pasco County.
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 145-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. Our campus features a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. Our focus on quality has earned us more than 25 awards for treatment and patient care, including a Healthgrade’s ranking among the top five percent of hospitals in the country for patient experience. Ranked as the number one workplace by the Tampa Bay Times in 2017, we take pride in not only our excellent healthcare but in our outstanding culture and work environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiates use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- Documents physical assessments in on the electronic medical record. Assesses patients for desired and undesired changes in their mental/physical condition according to unit standards. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician and obtain appropriate intervention.
- Maintains a professional rapport with physicians, patients, and families. Utilizes communication skills appropriate to age-specific needs.
- Provides the necessary and appropriate education to the patient and family from admission through discharge. This includes, but is not limited to, the patient’s plan of care, medications, tests and procedures, disease process, and discharge instructions. Initiates and documents the education provided including the patient response and outcomes on the electronic education record. Initiates referrals to health care providers as necessary.
- Provides general supervision and guidance of permanent licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel and temporary nursing personnel i.e. – RN, LPN, PCT U.S, M.T. in the job functions for the delivery of safe, therapeutic and quality patient care outcomes.
- Provides competent and compassionate care to the patient with pain according to policy and our mission.
What will you need:
- Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
- Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- One-year hospital experience (Preferred)
- Cerner (Preferred)