Surgical Technologist First Assistant Cardiovascular Surgery Full-time Days $5,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Available
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures that all required supplies, instruments and equipment is available for all assigned procedures
- Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
- Demonstrates skills such as tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis in an anticipatory manner
- Demonstrates essential mental discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness, stamina, and concentration during the surgical procedure
- Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigned duties as directed
- Prioritizes work responsibilities appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision including non-patient care activities (maintaining procedures supplies, sterilization of instruments and environment of care.)
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives
- Promotes a safe environment and reports unsafe environmental and quality concerns to their immediate supervisor
- Performs job duties with consistent levels of accuracy and completeness within acceptable time frames
- Meets departmental expectations as it relates to quality and quantity of work
- Performs any related duties as assigned
What will you need?
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program or military trained surgical technologist with 5 years’ minimum experience
- Demonstration of completion of surgical Tech first assist program
- Certification in Surgical Technology required
- BLS certification required