Monitor Tech PRN Night Shift
PRN Night Shift
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Monitors cardiac telemetries from a centralized location.
- Recognizes rhythms/arrhythmias and communicates changes promptly to the primary care nurse and/or charge nurse.
- Recognizes lethal dysrhythmias quickly and correctly and alerts unit nurses without delay.
- Documents rhythm strips every 4 hours and with each change in rhythm.
- Enters patient data into cardiac monitoring system.
- Assures accurate location of patients within centralized monitoring system.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring equipment.
- Assures telemetries are cleaned and returned to assigned location.
- Successfully completes annual arrhythmia competency.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient related information.
What will you need?
- Successful completion of arrhythmia testing.
- Demonstrates good use of the English language in the verbal and written form.
- Legible handwriting.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have BLS Certification through the American Heart Association