Patient Care Tech II- M/S Surgical Unit FT Nights
Req #: 17007314
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Assessing skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measuring per wound/skin protocol. Communicating changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
- Ensuring patient rooms are neat and clean.
- Responding to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
- Obtaining vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
- Obtaining lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
- Transporting patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
- Discontinuing foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
- Notifying licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
- Discontinuing nasogastric tubes per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Evaluating patients on an ongoing basis utilizing the high risk profile and administers preventative measures when indicated.
- Performing as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
What will you need?
- High School Graduate/GED
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a certified nursing assistant
- Current BLS required within first 90 days of hire