Assistant Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates AIDET compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to FHCW standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30 and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with FHCW corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will complete CCT daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units. Validation by decreased LWOT percentage, and acceptable transfer times and daily discharge times.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates, to be submitted monthly. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports on a monthly basis.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
· Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
· Must have working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
· Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
· Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Ansos, Stromberg) as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience
· BLS, ACLS
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· BSN preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN preferred
· National certification in specialty preferred
· Two years of experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)