Materials Distrib Tech II - FT/Day
Req #: 17007187
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Supply Chain/Purchasing
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
FT / Day
FT / Day
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Segregates material for direct delivery from material that requires entry into the automated inventory management system (IMS).
- Maintains Inventory Files.
- Verify approval on all invoices and check request.
- Maintains warehouse in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Pulls material from stockroom via Lawson generated created pick tickets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completes all required transactions.
- Enter data into FH Tampa computer system accurately. Maintain up to date knowledge of the basics MMIS system as well as the POU system (Pyxis).
- Perform as required cycle counts in both stockroom and point of use inventories.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of conduct philosophy and Mission Statement.
- Provides assembly and preparation of scheduled case carts for O.R. cases.
What will you need?
- Basic understanding of warehouse operations to include receipt, storage, inventory & issue processes.
- Able to read and recognize words and numbers associated with product labeling, catalog/part numbers and computer printouts.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and systems.
- Performs duties and deliver supplies and equipment to the user departments in an efficient and timely manner, and provides updates if delays occur.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment such as medium size trucks, forklifts, hydraulic lifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks and dollies to stock/ transport materials.
- Knowledge of equipment function adequate to be able to determine operational sufficiency and to distinguish between operator error and equipment malfunction.
- Fork lift certification is encouraged.
- Ability to accurately complete various forms and records, interpret and convert measurement data and compile information.
- Ability to prepare invoices for payment by matching invoices, receiving documents and purchase orders.
- Determines proper distribution and coding invoices and payment date information.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in entering and retrieving data from a computer and other automated data processing equipment
- Critical thinking skills by using logic to identify strengths and weakness of alternative solutions needed to verify accuracy and completeness of supply demands and shipping documents.
- Capability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and understand how to prioritize responsibilities to ensure completion of duties.
- Ability to work in a team environment, by demonstrating respect for co-workers and developing positive work relationships with other departments, as well as independently.
- Basic interpersonal skills to exchange information with all levels of management, clinical and non-clinical staff, external business contacts and the community in general.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times (HIPPA).
- Must observe safety and security procedures and uses of equipment and materials properly.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years supply chain experience in a warehouse or distribution center environment.
- 1-2 years of experience in controlling inventory.
- 1 year of experience in a customer service setting.
- Specialized or technical training such as would be acquired in a college or technical school (preferred).
- Two plus years in healthcare central supply or materials management setting (preferred).
- Two plus years in an automated inventory management setting (preferred).
- Healthcare materials management/supply chain experience (preferred).
- Two plus years delivering customer service in a healthcare setting (preferred).
- One or more years of inventory management on an inpatient nursing unit; in a cath lab, emergency room or operating room setting (preferred)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (preferred).
- AHRMM Certified Materials & Resource Professional (preferred).