Billing Representative Full Time Days
Req #: 17006996
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Full Time/ Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the daily downloading, editing and transmitting of billed claims.
- Request medical records and itemized bills for specialized billing.
- Coordinate with the departments and medical records for clinical charge and coding issues.
- Identify/resolve medical necessity and CCI issues.
- Responsible for working daily reminders (CFUM’s) and CPA Work Queues.
- Responsible for initiating the electronic Bill Date Posting process.
- Responsible for initiating the electronic Confirmation Note Posting process.
- Responsible to download and transmit data mailers to Express Bill for distribution.
- Other duties as assigned by the PFS Billing Supervisor, Assistant PFS Director and/or PFS Director.
What will you need?
- Requires High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in insurance billing or follow-up: Medicare billing or follow-up and/or Managed Care billing/follow-up required.
- Proficiency typically reached via on the job training and orientation after one year.