Occupational Therapist Home Health West Volusia FT Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs an evaluation, assessing function using a method which objectively measures activities of daily living such as, but not limited to, eating, swallowing, bathing, dressing, toileting, walking, climbing stairs, using assistive devices and mental and cognitive factors, documenting the measurement results in the clinical record.
- Periodically reassess the patient every 30 days: provide the ordered therapy service, functionally reassess the patient and compare the resultant measurement to prior assessment measurements. Document the measurements in the clinical record along with the therapistâs determination of the effectiveness or therapy or lack thereof.
- Observes and records activities and findings in the clinical record and reports to the physician the patientâs reaction to treatment and any changes in patientâs condition, or when there are deviations from the plan of care.
- Instructs the patient and caregiver in care and use of assistive devices and the activity modifications; establishes a home program.
- Instructs other health team personnel including, when appropriate, home health aides and caregivers in certain phases of therapy with which they may work with the patient.
- Selects, applies or modifies skilled intervention consistent with training and scope of practice using various procedures and techniques to achieve the best outcome possible for the patient. (Ex: therapeutic exercise/activity, neuromuscular re-education, fine motor training, perceptual retraining, cognitive retraining, sensorimotor activities, orthosis fabrication, etc.) Assesses patient response to interventions and performs reassessments as required.
- Documents in medical record, accurately reflecting treatment provided. Updates the care plan as needed including the aide care plan; obtains and documents modified orders for changes in the plan of care, performs and documents the aide supervision by the due date.
- Completes all documentation within the time frame required by the agency, including reassessments, discharge summaries and OASIS documents.
- Participates in clinical record review, agency staff meetings, therapy meetings and other activities as requested.
- Current state of Florida Occupational Therapy license
- Current Florida drivers license
- Basic Life Support certification