Material Handler Materials Management FT Days
Req #: 17007758
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Supply Chain/Purchasing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Full Time, Days
40 Hours per week
4:00AM - 12:30PM
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
What you will be responsible for:
- Picks up return items following established guidelines. Performs daily par cart inventories, picks order, confirms orders, and delivers supplies to assigned par areas.
- Creates a requisition for non-stock supplies as needed in assigned par areas.
- Ensures par areas are orderly, properly tagged and sufficiently stocked to meet customer needs.
- Properly disburses all materials to various locations in the facility as per established route and schedule. Special attention is given to refrigerated supplies and overnight packages.
- Maintains warehouse in clean, safe and organized manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Accurately completes the replenishment/picking process completing all associated computer software tasks to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Delivers supplies and packages to customers taking care to obtain location delivery information.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient with10 key and computer keyboard
- Ability to use a keypad and keyboard
- Possesses basic math skills
- Must be able to identify, sort and count accurately