Certified Surgical Tech Endoscopy/GI Lab PT Days
Req #: 17007799
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
PT/Days - 32 Hours
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring supplies and equipment are available and in working order for all surgical procedures.
- Assisting in setting up and preparing Operating Room for assigned surgeries.
- Verifying exposure to sterilization process and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishing and maintaining a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
- Assisting in room turn over.
- Assisting with the safe transfer and positioning of patients when possible.
- During surgical procedures, will anticipate the needs of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Assisting in stocking rooms and updating supplies.
- Demonstrating ability to operate sterilizer and all equipment in the OR suite.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal skills by a willingness to help others and acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Picking supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes require.
What will you need?
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a nursing program or graduate of a scrub tech approved program for Certification required
- One year previous OR Tech experience or graduate from approved Surgical/OR tech school
- Certification is required
- BLS required
- GI Lab Experience Highly Preferred